Blade Edge Protactor Bench Model
(for sharpened angle measurement)
KNIFE BLADES - RAZOR BLADES - MACHINE KNIVES - SCISSORS - SHEARS - CRAFT BLADES - CIRCULAR BLADES...and many others.
|Prices + Shipping
||NEW LOWER PRICE Contact CATRA for details
Power Source - 220V or 110V
- Accuracy - ± ½°
- Calibrated ½°
- Laser Power 3mw
- Maximum blade width 120mm
- - for high accuracy sharpened angle measurement of knives, blades &
other cutting edges
- - simple to use and interpret
- - suitable for use with tapered, flat strip and forged blades with plain
or serrated edges
- - provides an indicator for setting-up production machinery
- - ideal for use in quality control systems
- - single bevel and double edged components accommodated equally well
- - accuracy to within ±½° (greater with an experienced operator)
- - calibrated to ½°
- - single phase power supply 220V or 110V (please specify)
Two blade holders co- mounted on a cross slide are supplied as standard
- - Fixture with centralizing rollers for blades which have tapered sides, e.g. ground kitchen blades and forged cooks knives.
- - Magnetic flat plate fixture for razor blades, scalpel blades and all types of knives made from flat material, including hollow ground knives.
Specially modified versions are available to order for large width blades
The Laser Goniometer is used to measure the sharpened angles of knives and other types of edged components by reflection of a low powered laser beam from the facets of the cutting edge. Single facets, multi- facets and polished/ honed edge extent of tip radius can be measured.
It provides a rapid determination of an edge angle and condition including damage and tip radii making it suitable for use in production or laboratory environments
With experience the reflected image from the blade can be interpreted to give useful detailed information about the surface condition, method of manufacture and the cutting performance. A comprehensive manual is supplied, giving instructions on how to set-up the device and interpret the cutting edge geometry images obtained.
Also available Portable
model for factory floor inspection and Hobbigoni
model for the knife enthusiast and knife executive
Available direct from the manufacturers or our agents
we can also carryout independent testing for you using this instrument see services section
Machines available for rent for short term projects Or CATRA offers full independent and confidential testing services based on these machines.
Top of the page
CATRA, Henry Street, Sheffield S3 7EQ, Great Britain Fax: +44 (0)114
272 2151 Tel: +44 (0)114 276 9736 Email: email@example.com